This recipe for Coconut Power Snack Poppers is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Marisa Raponi. For bringing these dense little power snacks together, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
Marisa says, “These power snacks are chewy and sweet. They are so nutritious they can actually be eaten for breakfast and definitely a no guilt dessert made in 5 minutes.” The nibs taste so much like chocolate, but without the excess sugars.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Coconut Power Snack Poppers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian, as long as you are choosy with your granola – pick one that fits your dietary needs.
- ½ cup dairy-free granola with nuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- ¼ cup each dried apricots, cranberries and roasted ready to eat chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- ½ cup flaked coconut, for shaping
- Place all ingredients except coconut flakes into a food processor. Pulse to chop
- Then puree to slightly smooth, leaving some chunky texture.
- Using a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop or spoon, scrape out of processor and roll into coconut flakes.
- Shape with your hands into 1-2-inch round balls, pressing the coconut into the ball.