This recipe for vegan chai tea was a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Heather Kessler. For the creamy coconut part, she uses So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Coconut Vegan Chai Tea
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 black tea bags
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- Places all ingredients except sugar and milk in a small sauce pan. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and steep for 7 minutes. Return to heat and add sugar and milk and heat for 1 minute. Strain and serve.