This recipe for vegan rice pudding is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Darlene Crider. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk (with nut-free option) and Coconut Milk Creamer by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Rice Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For tree nut-free and vegan rice pudding, feel free to substitute coconut milk beverage for the almond milk.
- 1 cup arborio or medium grain white rice
- 4 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Original Almond Milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, for topping (optional)
- In a large saucepan with a heavy bottom, bring rice, almond milk and salt to a boil; immediately turn down to a simmer. Simmer rice and almond milk, stirring frequently, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, raisins and coconut milk creamer, stirring unitl sugar is dissolved. Continue simmering until most of liquid is absorbed, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla. Serve hot or cold, sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.