This recipe for Coconut Milk Scones is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jennifer Hillman. For the scones and glaze, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Coconut Milk Scones
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1-1/4 cups cold So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients, and pour in coconut milk until just mixed. Fold in cranberries. Form dough into ball.
- On a floured surface roll dough in a circle about 1 inch thick and cut into triangles. Place on parchment lined baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- For the glaze combine coconut milk, powdered sugar and orange zest. Pour over warm scones.
- Serve warm with tea or coffee.