This recipe for roasted garlic and green pea soup is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Emily Vallozzi. To qualify, the recipe includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Creamy Roasted Garlic and Green Pea Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For nut-free and dairy-free green pea soup, simply substitute Coconut Milk Beverage for the almond milk.
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut about ¼-inch off the top off of the head of garlic and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap in tinfoil and bake in a 400ºF until the cloves are brown and soft, about 30-35 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over low heat add the remaining olive oil and the frozen peas. Stir occasionally until the peas are warmed through. Add the chicken stock and turn off the heat.
- Once the garlic is cool enough to handle squeeze the cloves into a food processor.
- In batches add the pea and stock mixture to the food processor and puree until completely smooth, about 6-8 minutes. Once all of the peas and garlic are pureed add the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Add the almond milk and salt and pepper, to taste, and heat on low until the mixture is warmed through.