This recipe for roasted asparagus soup was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Pam Correll. To qualify, the recipe includes So Delicious Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk.
This incredibly easy roasted asparagus soup is an all natural puree with garlic, onion, olive oil and a generous splash of almond milk for a creamier finish.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup
For gluten-free roasted asparagus soup, your favorite gluten-free flour blend or sweet white rice flour should work in place of the flour.
For tree nut-free roasted asparagus soup, feel free to substitute coconut milk beverage for the almond milk.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil onto a jelly roll pan.
- Wash the asparagus and break off the woody ends.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on the jelly roll pan. Roll to coat all sides.
- Cook in your preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- Cut the tips off 12 asparagus spears (approximately 1 ½ inches) and set aside to use as a garnish.
- Cut the remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Place these asparagus pieces and vegetable broth in a blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion. Saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and cook one minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add the almond milk, stirring constantly. Stir in the blended asparagus and vegetable broth. Continue to cook and stir until heated through, and slightly thickened.
- Ladle into 4 bowls. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips.