This recipe for Crispy Baked Asparagus is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Marisa Raponi. For the coating, she uses Dairy Free Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt) from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Crispy Baked Asaparagus
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose your bread crumbs wisely for any allergen needs.
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- pinch salt
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, panko or gluten-free crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flaked nutritional yeast
- 1 large bunch asparagus, washed and snapped at the ends to remove fibrous bit on end
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and spray a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix crumbs and yeast and place onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Brush each spear fully with the coconut mixture.
- Roll into bread crumbs, do not cover tip for decorative purposes
- Place on baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. An atomizer would work really well also.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, turn half way through cooking.
- Can be eaten hot or room temperature.