This recipe for almond joy spread is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Jessica Stier of Desserts with Benefits. To qualify, the recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Almond Joy Spread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. It is also sugar-free and sweetened with stevia, though you can use your favorite sweetener, to taste.
- ¼ cup coconut butter (Jessica uses Artisana)
- ¼ cup roasted almond butter
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Lite Culinary Coconut Milk
- 2 packets organic stevia (or truvia)
- ¼ teaspoon almond flavor
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (Jessica uses Enjoy Life)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the coconut butter and almond butter until coconut butter is melted (about 40 seconds total with two, 20-second intervals)
- Stir in the coconut milk, then add the sweetener and extracts. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate (if refrigerating, stir before using).