This recipe for dairy-free bread pudding is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jonathan Medina. For the creamy pudding base, he uses eggs and Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Bread Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free and dairy-free bread pudding, use your favorite gluten-free bread. The “stale” nature of many gluten-free breads is actually perfect for this application.
For tree nut-free and dairy-free bread pudding, So Delicious offers Coconut Milk Beverage, which can be used in place of the Almond Milk.
- ½ loaf bread - cut into pieces
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus AlmondMilk
- 2 ounces raisins
- Nuts (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- Pinch salt
- Mix all ingredients gently after soaking bread in the almond milk. Depending on whether you prefer the bread pudding thicker or thinner, can use more or less of the bread or almond milk respectively.
- Place mixture in casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350ºF.