Note that this recipe for dairy-free condensed cream of mushroom soup is my own, and I created it for Growing Naturals last year. Sadly, it seems they have the rice milk powder on hold for productiong, hopefully temporarily, but you can still find it on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/1iZJDRA. For my go-to, quick, easy, spot-on for the canned version recipe, get Go Dairy Free (available via ebook, too, for instant access!).
I get requests aplenty for dairy-free condensed cream of mushroom soup, so you shouldn’t be surprised to find that I have more than one handy recipe in my arsenal! This version is so easy and so fantastic, that it’s featured on the bottle of Growing Naturals Rice Milk Powder. Yes, I said dairy-free milk powder – and it’s vegan, gluten-free, and free of top allergens (including soy!). You will want to get your hands on this stuff for the holidays and beyond.
I start this dairy-free condensed cream of mushroom soup with a quick mix that you can whip up and keep on hand for a truly instant recipe. It is a simple blend of rice milk powder, starch, salt, and spices.
From there, I saute some mushrooms (see the recipe note for an even speedier options) in olive oil, whisk in the mix and water and let it bubble for just a minute or two. It thicken VERY quickly and aggressively.
This dairy-free condensed cream of mushroom soup can be used in recipes, or thinned for a quick soup or soup base.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- Whisk together the RiceDrink+ Powder, starch, ¾ teaspoon salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- When ready to use, place the dry mix and water in a blender, and mix for 1 minute.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the mushroom pieces and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the liquid.
- When it begins to bubble, continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes while whisking continuously. It will thicken significantly.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with additional salt, if desired.
- Use in recipes or thin with up to 1 cup of water for a base crème soup.