Almond and Raisin Dairy-Free Custard
- 500 ml (2 cups) almond milk*
- 5 eggs – whisked
- 100 g (1/3 cup) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence**
- 50 g (¼ cup) raisins
- 6 strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F
- Combine the almond milk, eggs and vanilla essence in a medium size pot and heat, whisking constantly. Do not boil. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat and pour into the ramekins.
- Evenly distribute the raisins amongst the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a heatproof dish filled with water reaching half way up the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the tops start to feel firm.
- Remove from the oven and place the custards into the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Decorate with slices of strawberries.