Black Beans and Sweet Potato Dessert
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 2 large sweet potatoes, grated fine (food processor)
- 4 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups soy or rice milk
- 1 cup sucanat, maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Good pinch black pepper
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 30 minutes.
- Add a little soy milk if necessary to thin the mixture and stir.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.