Black Raspberry Vegan Ice Cream
Author: Wheeler del Torro
- 1 cup soymilk, divided
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 cup fresh black raspberries, divided
- 2 cups soy creamer
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup soymilk with arrowroot and set aside. In a blender, purée ½ cup raspberries, soy creamer, remaining ¾ cup soymilk, and sugar.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-size saucepan and cook over low heat. Once mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and immediately add arrowroot cream. This will cause the liquid to thicken noticeably. Add vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate mixture until chilled, approximately 2 to 3 hours. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. In the last few minutes of churning, add remaining ½ cup raspberries.