Brownie Bites (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
This recipe was featured in the the September 2006 issue of Food & Wine
, and comes straight from the kitchen of BabyCakes NYC
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray mini-muffin pan with vegetable oil spray. (If you can find them, mini-muffin paper liners are ideal; they make a better presentation and seem to hold up better than their unlined counterparts.)
- In a medium bowl, combine baking flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- In another bowl, whisk applesauce, oil and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling each cup three-quarters full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
- Allow brownies to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
If you liked this post, please share it …