This recipe is very easy, and even a fun one to make with kids. Just be sure you’ve got a workspace set aside as it can get messy! Place these special candies in a cute gift bag or tin to give to someone special, or simply pop them in as a surprise lunchbox treat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue until all chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add raisins and mix until coated.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the coated raisins.
- Placed drained raisins on parchment paper and let cool to harden.
- Once cooled, if needed, break pieces into smaller bits.
- Enjoy and share with your loved ones!