Chocolate Coconut Vegan Pots de Creme
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 3 cups non-dairy milk (soy, rice, oat, almond etc…)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup steel cut oats (no substitutions: i.e, no old fashioned, no quick, no instant – Try Bob’s Red Milk Gluten-Free Steel Cut Oats for GF)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, best quality (Use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for allergen-free)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons rum or brandy
- Bring the milks to boil in a saucepan.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, reduce the temperature to low, add the remaining ingredients and cook, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl or a dozen individual bowls, and chill.
- Serve cold, garnished with a little grated coconut if desired.
Choose your ingredients wisely for your free-from needs.
Serving size: 12 servings