Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free and soy-free.
- ½ cup vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- 1¼ cup organic white sugar or other sweetener
- ¼ cup margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life brand for soy and gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put milk alternative and sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Extra caution must be used with soy milk which tends to curdle.
- Bring to a boil for 7 minutes. (Keep an eye on the pan at all times and stir frequently).
- Remove from heat and add margarine, chocolate, and vanilla. Stir until margarine and chocolate melt and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a greased 8" x 8" cassarole dish (or a smaller dish for thicker pieces).
- Refrigerate overnight, cut into squares, and serve.
- As suggested by AllergyMoms, sprinkle with coconut or crushed candy canes for a festive touch.