Thanks to Jackie at The Vegan Diet blog who sought out this dairy-free chocolate truffles recipe from the Vegetarian Times:
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Chocolate Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 6 oz. high-quality dark chocolate (60% cocoa), finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnut, almond or canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Place chocolate, oil and ⅓ cup water in microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high in microwave 1 minute. Stir; heat 1 minute more, or until chocolate has melted.
- Whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 6 hours, or overnight.
- Place cocoa and nuts on separate plates.
- Shape truffle mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls into small, ¾-inch balls. Roll in cocoa or chopped nuts.
- Chill until ready to serve. (66 calories per truffle)