Thanks to the Cheap Vegan Journal for this great Fudge Pudding Cake recipe…
Special Diet Notes: Fudge Pudding Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1¾ cups hot water
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ¾ cup of the sugar, baking powder, salt, and 2 tablespoons of the cocoa. Stir in the milk, vanilla and oil, mixing until smooth. Pour the batter into a greased 8 or 9 inch round or square cake pan.
- Mix the remaining ¾ cup sugar with the remaining ¼ cup cocoa, and sprinkle this mixture over the batter. Gently drizzle the hot water on top; There's no need to mix it in.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the top is set. serve the cake hot, with it's sauce spooned over the top (it makes it's own sauce, you'll see)