This non-dairy dessert recipe comes from Andrew Schloss, the author of Almost from Scratch: 600 Recipes for the New Convenience Cuisine. Though this cookbook is not exclusively dairy-free, it offers many recipes and ideas for those who are interested in cooking with convenient ingredients.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 can (20 oz.) pitted lychees in heavy syrup (available in the Asian grocery section or market)
- 1 Tbsp. pickled sushi ginger
- Purée the lychees with their syrup, and the ginger, in a food processor or blender until completely smooth. Pour into a shallow pan and freeze until solid, about 4 hours or longer.
- Cut or break the frozen mixture into cubes, and purée in a food processor until creamy.
- Store in the freezer in a tightly closed container for up to one week. If the mixture should become solid, purée it again before serving.