This non-dairy dessert recipe comes from Andrew Schloss, the author of Almost from Scratch: 600 Recipes for the New Convenience Cuisine. Though this cookbook is not exclusively dairy-free, it offers many recipes and ideas for those who are interested in cooking with convenient ingredients.
Yield: 16 Cookies
- 4 oz. halvah
- 4 Tbsps. non-dairy unsalted margarine
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Purée the halvah, margarine, ginger and flour in a food processor until smooth.
- Pack the mixture into an 8-inch layer pan and bake for 20 minutes, until firm and dry.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, and cut into 16 thin wedges.
- Lift the wedges from the pan with a spatula.