The Vegan Connection created this delightful recipe.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, solid-pack
- 1 cup full fat soymilk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. molasses or blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, grounded
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. allspice or cloves, grounded
- 9″ unbaked pastry crust (see recipes in Desserts)
In a blender, combine all ingredients. Pour the filling into the pastry crust and bake at 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes, covering the edges with foil if they begin to brown too quickly. Cool on a rack, cover, and refrigerate overnight before serving (It needs a day to set really well).