Special Diet Notes: No Bake Lemon Tofu Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 25 cm (10") base of choice*
- 2 packets silken tofu 300 g (10½ oz)
- 1¼ cups soy milk powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey, maple syrup, or agave.
- 5 - 6 tablespoons (6 - 8 tbsp US) lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or other oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 teaspoons agar agar powder
- Place all ingredients, except water and agar agar powder, into a food processor and process until smooth. Dissolve agar agar powder in water in a saucepan and boil gently (turn heat down when it starts to boil) for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- * Agar Agar sets fast even at room temperature. You need to work quickly to add, blend and pour the mixture, as it will start to set immediately. If it is not blended fast enough or the mixture is too cold the cheesecake may become lumpy.
- Add to cheesecake mixture in food processor and blend together. Immediately pour into prepared base. Chill for a few hours.