Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) dairy-free margarine, softened (Earth Balance offers two types of soy-free, too)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups oat flour (can grind 1-1/2 cup oats with a spice grinder - for gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats (for gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats)
- 1 package dairy-free-free chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to your margarine mixutre and mix.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by the heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.