This recipe originated from an article by Kate Lawson of The Detroit News. Be sure to use the milk alternative that suits your dietary needs.
- 4 cups fresh, sliced peaches
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk or rice milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Spread sliced peaches on cookie sheet and freeze for 4 hours. Place peaches and remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Serve immediately or freeze for 30 minutes for a firmer texture. Serves 4.