This unbelievable recipe comes from “The Tofu Cookbook,” by Leah Leneman.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/6 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vegetable margarine
- 1 ½ cups firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- ½ an orange, juice and rind
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey or honey substitute
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered agar-agar (gelatin may be substituted for non-vegans)
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
Mix the oats and the coconut together. Spread the margarine over the bottom of a flan tin, then sprinkle the oat and coconut mixture over it. Set aside.
Combine the tofu, yogurt, sugar, orange juice and rind, vanilla, tahini and salt in a blender. Blend thoroughly. Pour into the flan pan.
Melt the honey in the water in a small pan over medium heat and dissolve the agar-agar in it. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in the raspberries. Pour over the tofu mixture in the flan tin.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Chill before serving.