Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 2 Cups Pecans (unsoaked)
- 1 Cup Dates (Pitted, chopped)
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Cacao or Carob Powder
- 3.5 Cups Cubed Pumpkin
- 1 Ripe Avocado (peeled, seedless)
- 1.5 Cups of Dates (pitted)
- ½ tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon psyllium powder (to help thicken)
- 1 Cup Almonds (soaked)
- Squirt Maple Syrup (or Agave or honey)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine the pecans, dates, cinnamon, cacao/cocoa powder and sweetener in a food processor or high speed blender (Vitamix).
- Pulse chop until blended.
- Press into a pie pan evenly and set in the fridge.
- Transfer the pumpkin into your Vitamix and add the avocado, coconut oil, chopped dates, pumpkin spice, phyllium powder, & sweetener until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into the pie pan over the crust.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon over top.
- Set in the fridge.
- Blend the almonds, sweetener, vanilla and some water to control the consistency of the cream you want, more water for a thinner base or less for thicker. You can also add some cacao/cocoa powder to make a chocolate version, but you will need a little more sweetener.
- Everything should be ready within an hour, I like to let mine sit in the fridge for around 2 hours but anything works.