This recipe originated with the Weimar Institute of Health & Education.
- 14 oz. Firm tofu (for a creamier texture use Silken)
- ¾ cup real maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice (desired amount)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 unbaked non-dairy 9″ pie crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place tofu and maple syrup in blender or food processor with vanilla, salt and spices and blend well until smooth and creamy. Put pumpkin in a medium mixing bowl and add blender contents, whisking until well-mixed. Pour into unbaked pie shell and place on bottom rack of oven. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees, then lower heat to 350 degrees and bake another 50 minutes. Filling will be soft but will become firm as it chills.