Soft & Chewy Vanilla Butter Cookies
Author: Kristen Doyle at Just Baking
- 1 cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks or other margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. (You will have to chill the dough for 30 minutes, so you may want to do this when you put the dough in the fridge to chill).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together Crisco, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, water, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls; slightly flatten and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until very light brown. (I always take my cookies out right before they look like they are done. I then allow them to sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes to firm up.)