This perfect for Valentine’s Day (or any day for that matter) recipe comes from the crafty folks at VegCooking…
Yield: about five dozen truffles.
- 1 (8-ounce) package nondairy cream cheese, softened at room temperature (try Tofutti brand)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (make sure to find a dairy-free brand, such as Tropical Source, Chocolate Decadence or your favorite brand)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Ground nuts, unsweetened cocoa, or toasted flaked coconut
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well-blended. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and mix well. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and roll them in the nuts, cocoa or coconut. Store in the refrigerator.
- To flavor the truffles with liqueurs, omit the vanilla. Divide the mixture into thirds, and add 1 tablespoon liqueur (coffee, orange or almond) to each third. Mix well, then proceed as directed above.