These vegan chocolate truffles is perfect for Valentine’s Day (or any day for that matter) and comes from the crafty folks at VegCooking…
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Chocolate Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 1 (8-ounce) package nondairy cream cheese, softened at room temperature (try Tofutti brand)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted (make sure to find a dairy-free brand, such as Tropical Source, Chocolate Decadence or your favorite brand)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Ground nuts, unsweetened cocoa, or toasted flaked coconut
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until well-blended. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla and mix well. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and roll them in the nuts, cocoa or coconut. Store in the refrigerator.