This recipe for dairy-free goat cheese crostini is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Carly Hanellin. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Coconut Milk Creamer by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Carly says, “I’m sixteen year old and a chef to be. I saw this competition online and really wanted to enter. I love So Delicious products!”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Goat Cheese Crostini
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free and dairy-free goat cheese crostini, toast up your favorite gluten-free bread.
- First you must mix the blackberries, balsamic, and honey (or agave) in a bowl. Then pour into a small sauce pan and turn to a boil until it reduces about half way.
- While it's reducing heat your oven to 350ºF and slice your bread (I did 5 pieces of a French baguette) and bake until lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
- While you're waiting for the reduction and bread, take your oil and heat it until red and add the sunflower seeds so they toast for about 5 minutes.(DO NOT burn).
- Once your reduction is ready, take it off the heat and drizzle then whisk in your so delicious French vanilla creamer.
- After your bread is toasted and the toasted sunflower seeds are all ready take your bread and add vegan goat cheese first. Then, sprinkle on as much sunflower seeds as you want. Finally, too it with your reduction(drizzle to
- taste) and some parsley.