This recipe for ice cream cheesecake is a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Sheyenne Michelizzi. For the decadent filling, she uses Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Ice Cream Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, tree nut-free, and vegetarian.
A soy-free, dairy-free ice cream cheesecake can be a bit more difficult, but there are a couple such brands of dairy-free cream cheese alternative available, such as Daiya.
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine, melted
- 5 cups (5 - 8 ounce packages) dairy-free cream cheese alternative, softened
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 500ºF.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch Springform pan.
- For the crust, combine crumbs and sugar, stir in melted margarine until ingredients are well combined.
- Press up sides and over the bottom of the Springform pan.
- For the filling, blend dairy-free cream cheese alternative and So Delicious ice cream together with a mixer. Add sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake at 500ºF for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 250ºF and bake 70 minutes longer.
- Cool cheesecake thoroughly, then refrigerate several hours before serving.