In June I highlighted ice cream sodas, but since today is the official celebration day for root beer floats, I thought it only fitting to include a recipe for my current favorite dairy-free root beer float.
This dairy-free root beer float recipe is made for two, because I think they are meant to be shared. And when it comes to any type of ice cream soda in our house, my niece Kylie will always be present, scooping and sipping right alongside.
For a low sugar or sugar-free float, I recommend the Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream or No Sugar Added Vanilla Bean Non-Dairy Ice Cream, respectively, paired with Zevia Ginger Root Beer Soda. The Zevia does lack that deep root beer hue, and has a definite stevia vibe that supertasters may note.
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Root Beer Float
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 4 full scoops So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 2 cans all-natural root beer
- Grab two tall, skinny glasses and drop 1 scoop of vanilla dairy-free ice cream in each.
- Fill halfway with root beer, add another scoop of the ice cream, and then fill to the top with the rest of the root beer.
- Add a tall spoon, watch it fizz, and enjoy.