This vegan pumpkin pie recipe was contributed to Go Dairy Free by Chic Organic Mama, a fantastic recipe blogger who cooks and bakes without dairy, eggs, coconut, soy, and peanuts. And who can’t use another pie recipe for the holidays and beyond?!
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Pumpkin Pie
All of Chic Organic Mama’s recipes are dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, coconut-free, and soy-free. This one also happens to be vegan and vegetarian, too.
For Gluten-Free: Simply opt for a gluten-free / dairy-free pie crust with this vegan pumpkin pie and you are good to go! There are premade crusts like Wholly Wholesome, great mixes like Gluten-Free Pantry and Bob’s Red Mill, and recipes galore – just see my Dairy-Free Pies post (ample pie crust recipes at the end).
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 2 cups organic raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pre-bake the pie crust at 450ºF for 10 minutes (or according to the instructions of your pie crust).
- While the crust is baking, combine the cashews, water, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in your blender (see note below) and blend on high until smooth.
- When the crust is pre-baked, remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Pour the blended filling into hot pie crust and bake return to the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving. Optionally top with whipped cashew cream.