Broiled Herbed Polenta with Wild Mushrooms
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup canned vegetable broth
- ½ lb fresh wild* & button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp dry Marcela
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 6 ½ inch thick slices seasoned Food Merchants prepared polenta
- *(Such as crimini, Portobello, oyster or steamed shitake)
- Preheat broiler. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until mushrooms soften, about 6 minutes. Add broth, Marcela and green onion and simmer about 5 minutes until liquid is reduced by half and you are scrapping up browned bits. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, arrange polenta on small baking sheet. Brush polenta on both sides with
- remaining ½ tablespoon oil. Broil polenta until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer polenta to plates. Spoon mushroom and sauce over and serve.