You can substitute honey for the sugar, but reduce it to 3 to 4 Tablespoons. This is kind of a teriyaki style…
Special Diet Notes: Chinese Ribs
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, and nut-free.
- ½ cup wheat free Tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried grated orange peel
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3½ lbs baby back pork ribs
- Combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Transfer to large plastic bag. Add ribs; seal bag and turn several times to coat with marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate). 2-4 servings, also tasty with chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking pan with foil. Drain ribs, discarding marinade. Place ribs on rack. Set in baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Turn ribs over. Bake until dark brown, 30 minutes. Preheat broiler. Broil ribs until crisp, 2-3 minutes.