Recipe provided by Blue Diamond Growers, the makers of Almond Breeze non-dairy beverage…
- 1/4 cup or more Olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 stalks Green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- 8-12 medium size Shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- 2/3 cup Clams and juice, uncooked
- 2/3 cup Scallops, uncooked
- 2/3 cup Crab, uncooked
- 1/3 cup Flour, unbleached
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Almond Breeze®
- 2 Tbsp. or 3/4 Tbsp., dried Dill, fresh minced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce®
- 1/3 cup White wine (optional)
Heat 4-6 Tbsp. of olive oil in soup pot. Stir in mushrooms, onion, shrimp, clams, and scallops. Cook until seafood is tender, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in crab. Transfer seafood to bowl, leaving seafood juices in stockpot. Add remaining oil to pot. Whisk in flour and half of the Vanilla Almond Breeze®. Cook over low heat, whisking continuously, 4-5 minutes. Whisk in all remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over low heat cooking 5-6 minutes. Add seafood to sauce mixture. Adjust spices. Gently simmer an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add wine if desired.
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Prep time 20 minutes. Cook time 30-35 minutes.
Serve in puff pastry shells. Serve over pasta or rice. Surimi can be substituted for crab. Use any good quality white, firm fish instead of any of the above seafood.