Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Spinach Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 package medium firm tofu, drained, washed
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 package dairy-free cheese, chopped (such as Daiya)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon oregano or basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 package filo pastry thawed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Mix first 8 ingredients for filling.
- Spray rectangular casserole dish with non stick spray or grease with oil.
- Put four sheets of filo on bottom, spread ¼ of filling on top, place four sheets of filo on top, add another ¼ filling and spread, repeat layers until all filling is used and save last four filo sheets to place on top.
- Sprinkle olive oil on top of filo and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Pie will rise and brown.