Note: Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes before grilling to prevent burning
Special Diet Notes: Grilled Salmon Skewers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
- 1 pound salmon filet without skin
- ¼ cup wheat free tamari (gluten free) or soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fresh lemon wedges
- Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips, and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over skewers, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. When finished marinating, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, and simmer for several minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Thread 1 lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Cook skewers on the preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.