There are many great recipes out there for Pad Thai, this is a particularly easy one, that I can whip up in a pinch for a late dinner. I often replace the shrimp with chicken, tofu, or organic ground beef. Any vegetables you have on hand will work, bell peppers go particularly well.
Special Diet Notes: Pad Thai
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- 6 oz medium-wide rice stick noodles
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 6 oz peeled, de-veined shrimp
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Place noodles in a large bowl, add hot water to cover, let stand 12 min or until tender. Drain. Combine ketchup, sugar, fish sauce, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add shrimp, saute 2 min or until done. Remove shrimp and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 4 teaspoon oil in pan over med high heat. Add eggs, cook 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly.
- Add sprouts, green onions, and garlic, cook 1 min.
- Add noodles, ketchup mix, and shrimp, cook 3 min or until heated.
- Serve with a sprinkle with peanuts.