- 4 Tbsp. chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 small white potatoes, cooked and cut in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked mixed vegetables, like corn kernels, peas, and diced carrots
- 1/2 lb. diced turkey or mock turkey (for vegans)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 box puff pastry sheets for 9″
Mix bouillon with hot water to make a stock. Set aside.
Combine the nutritional yeast and flour in a large pot and stir constantly over low heat until lightly toasted; add the oil, stirring to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the stock, garlic salt, and pepper; add vegetables and turkey, cook for 5- 10 minutes.
Roll out one sheet of puff pastry and place it in a 9-inch pie dish, trimming to fit. Place the pastry in the oven at 400°F for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to puff.
Remove pastry from oven, pour filling into it, and place the other sheet of puff pastry on top, cutting and pressing together the edges; make several 1-inch slices on top.
Continue baking for approximately 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed.