Special Diet Notes: Savory Pot Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free. Optionally vegetarian / vegan.
- 4 Tbsp. chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2½ cups hot water
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 small white potatoes, cooked and cut in small pieces
- 1½ cups cooked mixed vegetables, like corn kernels, peas, and diced carrots
- ½ lb. diced turkey or mock turkey (for vegans)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 box puff pastry sheets for 9"
- Mix bouillon with hot water to make a stock. Set aside.
- Combine the nutritional yeast and flour in a large pot and stir constantly over low heat until lightly toasted; add the oil, stirring to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the stock, garlic salt, and pepper; add vegetables and turkey, cook for 5- 10 minutes.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry and place it in a 9-inch pie dish, trimming to fit. Place the pastry in the oven at 400°F for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to puff.
- Remove pastry from oven, pour filling into it, and place the other sheet of puff pastry on top, cutting and pressing together the edges; make several 1-inch slices on top.
- Continue baking for approximately 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed.