Sweet and Sour Gluten-Free Meatballs
- ¾ small onion, minced
- ½ C lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 C sugar
- 1 – 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ C water
- 1 – 16 oz. can cranberry sauce (jellied or whole)
- 1 – 12 oz. jar chili sauce
- 2 lb. lean ground beef (or turkey)
- ⅔ C Enjoy Life Crunchy Rice or Flax Cereal (Though you can sub another crispy rice cereal, this is the best brand to use for allergen-free)
- ¼ small onion, minced
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 t salt
- ½ t black pepper, ground
- 2 t parsley flakes (or fresh parsley, minced)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a saucepan on medium heat, combine all ingredients, and stir.Bring sauce to a boil and turn heat to low to simmer the sauce.
- Grind Enjoy Life Crispy Rice or Flax cereal. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Form into balls and place on sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on each side.
- When completed, blot excess fat and add meatballs to the sauce.Simmer covered for 45 minutes, stirring periodically.
Meatballs and sauce can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator, or up to a month in an airtight container in the freezer.