My friend wanted to make Thai Basil Chicken for her party. I found this recipe and it was a huge success! This is now a staple when I spot a good price on fresh basil at the market. Quick, easy, and almost flawless, even for a so-so meat chef such as myself!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-4 cloves garlic (1-2 t minced garlic)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 T peanut oil
- 1-2 Thai peppers, finely chopped, seeded (may replace jalapeno or serrano, these are all hot peppers) – may replace crushed
- red pepper to taste if you want it less spicy
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 t coconut aminos (can use wheat-free tamari or soy sauce if fermented soy is okay for you)
- Handful crunched up peanuts (optional)
Cut chicken into tiny slivers. Heat oil in a large frypan or wok over med-high heat. Add garlic and peppers, stir fry 1 min. Add chicken and stir fry until cooked through. Stir in green onions, fish sauce, brown sugar, and tamari, stir fry one minute. Turn off heat and stir in basil. Serve over brown rice.