Unbelievable Asian Meatloaf
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 2½ pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 3 tbsps toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup grated carrots, packed
- 1 cup natural potato flakes (health food stores) or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup coconut milk (lite ok)
- 1 bunch cilantro, all tough stems removed, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2-3 tbsps chili sauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until just barely firm.
- Let the loaf rest just a few minutes before slicing. Delicious at room temperature as well.