Fast and Easy Stir Fry
- 4 center cut pork chops, thinly sliced (easier to slice if partially frozen)
- 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (use wheat-free tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a medium bowl, mix pork with mirin, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Cover, and let marinate in refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Slice mushrooms, green pepper, green part of green onions, and set aside. Mince white part of green onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium heat, then coat with sesame oil. Saute minced green onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant. Increase heat to high. Squeeze marinade off pork, and place pork into wok. Reserve marinade. Cook and stir until pork is no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, green pepper, and sliced green onion. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in reserved marinade, and cook about 2 minutes.
Substitute tofu (for vegan) or meat of your choice for the pork chops, and swap out the veggie’s for others you have on hand. If the sauce is too thin for your taste, then add a teaspoon or two or arrowroot powder for the last 1 to 2 minutes of cooking.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged egg--free, gluten free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, vegetarian