This recipe for maple dessert beans is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For simmering the beans, she uses Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Maple Dessert Beans
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For tree nut-free and dairy-free dessert beans, So Delicious offers Coconut Milk Beverage that can be used in place of the almond milk, and you can substitute the pistachios with pumpkin seeds or your add-in of choice.
- 1 canned (15.5 oz) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio
- In a saucepan, combine beans, almond milk, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in raisins, dried cranberries and cinnamon. Reduce heat to medium low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from the heat and stir in pistachio.
- Put into each serving bowl.