This recipe for fudgy chocolate fig spread is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Heather Kessler. To soften the figs, she uses dairy-free Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Fudgy Chocolate Fig Spread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and all around allergy-friendly.
- 1 cup diced dried figs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ to 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pulse figs and shredded coconut in a mini food processor for about 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla, ¾ cup coconut milk, salt and cocoa powder.
- Process until a smooth paste, adding additional coconut milk if needed.