I had one of those “Why didn’t I think of that?” moments when I first laid eyes on this gingerbread cookie butter recipe. It’s such an easy delight that’s perfect for indulging and gifting, using just a handful of easy-to-find holiday ingredients. After all, gingerbread cookies abound this time of year, even dairy-free ones!
To help you whip up some gingerbread cookie butter that fits your free-from needs, I have some dairy-free gingerbread cookie suggestions:
- Mi-Del Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps (contains eggs and soy)
- Mi-Del Organic Ginger Snaps (contains wheat and soy; vegan)
- Mi-Del Ginger Snaps (contains wheat and soy; vegan)
- Lucy’s Ginger Snap Cookies (contains soy; vegan)
- Enjoy Life Gingerbread Spice Cookies (top allergen-free; vegan – softer, maybe harder to grind)
- Dreena Burton’s Gingerbread Folks Recipe (contains wheat; gluten-free option)
- Snappy Molasses Cookies Recipe (contains wheat; egg optional and vegan optional)
This gingerbread cookie butter recipe with photo was shared with us by McCormick Kitchens, where it was created by one of their chefs.
Special Diet Notes: Gingerbread Cookie Butter
By ingredients, this recipe can be dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. The wild card here is the gingerbread cookies – see above for some recommendations.
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the sugar and pulse until blended.
- Heat the oil and water in a small saucepan over low heat until the coconut oil is melted.
- Slowly add the oil mixture to the processor while pulsing, until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla and spices and pulse until just blended.