Healthy Vegan Citrus Shake
Low in sugar and fat, this citrus shake contains simple ingredients for a lightly creamy treat that kids of all ages will love. You can further “pump-up” this citrus shake with your favorite dairy-free protein powder, if desired.
- 1/2 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/2 cup Florida grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla non-dairy milk alternative (rice, coconut, soy, etc., your choice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, honey, or agave nectar (for vegan)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups ice
- Sliced fruit, optional for garnish
- Pour the orange juice, grapefruit juice, milk alternative, sweetener, and vanilla into a blender with the ice.
- Pulse the blender to help break up the ice, then blend until smooth.
- Divide the shake between four glasses and garnish with sliced fruit.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged egg--free, food allergy-friendly, gluten free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, spring, vegan, vegetarian