This recipe for low fat salmon dip is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Margaret Rewers. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt) by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This salmon dip is thick and chunky, and can be used as a spread or sandwich filling. If possible, opt for wild salmon or even trial another sustainable fish.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Healthy Salmon Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 2 5-ounce cans salmon, drained
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk (yogurt)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, combine salmon, cultured coconut milk, green onions, and celery. Mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers, carrots, or cucumber.